Quick and Easy Mother's Day Card with Stencils


This weekend we are leaving for Atlanta, GA for a quick trip to celebrate my niece's baptism as well as Mother's Day.  There will be lots of family and I'm certain we will have plenty of fun. I really wanted to create a special, elegant card for my Mother-In-Law and this is what I came up with.

Here is a Mother's Day Card I created using a stencil!  Stenciling on a card is a fun way to add element to a card while keeping it simple.

I used  the Vintage Ornaments 1 stencil to create the elegant background for this card along with the Encore Silver stamp pad.  To create the image, I placed the stencil in the corner then used a sponge to daub along the stencil.  Then I cleaned the stencil, flipped it over and sponged the silver at the opposite corner.  My next step was to wrap organza ribbon around the card front place the large black grommet then tie the bow.  The sentiment is stamped using Pixie Pink and is from the All Holidays Stamp Set (#114916) from the 2009/2010 Stampin' Up! Catalog.  The background is Pixie Pink which is a retiring color with accents of silver, white and basic black.  I love the sweet, elegant simplicity of this card!  To order any of these products you can visit my Stampin' Up! store online 24/7 by clicking HERE!



Card Recipe:

Cardstock:  Pixie Pink, Whisper White and Basic Black
Accessories:  Organza Ribbon, Jumbo Grommet, Vintage Ornament 1 Stencils
Stamp Set:  All Holidays

1 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps on May 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM said...

So pretty! TFS!