Featured Stampin' Up! Demonstrator on Sherrill Graff's Blog!


I'm so excited to be featured as the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator of the day!  Sherrill Graff has featured my beautiful Baby Boy Blocks on her blog, Stampin Sherrill.  Click HERE to see the featured post!  It is such an honor to be featured. 

The featured blocks are one of my favorite projects I've created in recent history.


Project Recipe:

Definitely Decorative:  Decor Elements Decor Blocks (116829)
Stamp Set:  Nursery Necessities (113506)
Stamp Pads:  Chocolate Chip Craft (101816), Chocolate Chip Classic (100908), So Saffron Classic (105213), Bashful Blue Classic (105209), Night of Navy Classic (102977)
Cardstock:  Close to Cocoa (101341), Bashful Blue (105120), Whisper White (100730)
Designer Series Paper:  Bashful Blue (112151)
Accessories:  On Board Essentials (112085), On Board Timeless Type (112083), Large Star Punch (110710), Star Punch (109045), Sherbet Designer Buttons (116312), Soft Subtle Brads (106954), Bashful Blue 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109029), Chocolate Chip 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (111849), Stampin' Write Markers (105541)

Directions:

Each block was covered with Close to Cocoa then I randomly layered with Whisper White or Bashful Blue cardstock followed by another layer of the Bashful Blue Designer Series paper.  The stars are stamped using the Nursery Necessities stamp set then punched out using the Stampin' Up! Large Star and Star punches.  For the letters, I used the On Board Timeless Type and covered them with either the Bashful Blue Cardstock or Bashful Blue Designer Series Paper then I used sandpaper to even the edges.  The frame is done the same way except that I also sponged the edge with Chocolate Chip Craft Ink. I colored the Sail Boat Stamp using the Stampin' Write Markers then used the "huff" technique to stamp the image which I then cut out.  The Elephant was stamped with Chocolate Chip Classic and then cut out as well.  After all the blocks were assembled, I tied them together with the Chocolate Chip 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon!

These blocks can also be stacked on on top of the other.

Enjoy and Sunny Stampin'!

Pam Staples




4 comments:

Jennifer Jones on May 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM said...

Super cute!

Elizabeth on May 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

WOW I love these!!! So cute and perfect for a baby shower! I have an extra Simply Scrappin' kit with the same theme that I think would be great for these too! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

- Elizabeth (www.missimagination.com)

lisa808 on May 15, 2010 at 10:09 PM said...

Awesome, congratulations on being featured.

Sherrill Graff owner on August 11, 2010 at 12:03 PM said...

I love your samples! I'm getting ready to swap cards with 100 other stampers and I'm looking for creative people willing to put their paper craft talents to good use. see the details here
http://latenitestampinwithsherill.blogspot.com/
istmpnv@aol.com sherrill graff