Father's Day!


First Time for Father's Day!

This past Sunday was my husbands first Father's Day!  We had a very enjoyable, relaxing day starting with Church.  Admittedly, the thought crossed our mind to sleep in and skip church but I needed to work in the Nursery so we dragged ourselves out of bed and made it to church!  We were so glad to be there and enjoyed the service as is always the case.

We really didn't have any big plans for the day.  After Church, we came home for lunch which was Salmon Burgers (Yuk!) for my husband and bratwurst for me.  Mike LOVES those Salmon Burgers!  Anyway, lunch was tasty.  Caleb and I then took Mike shopping for some new work shoes along with tennis shoes.  On our shopping trip, Mike found what he needed and we also found some cute Robeez shoes for Caleb's trip to Minnesota along with a great 4th of July outfit.  I also took the opportunity to stock up on my favorite Bath & Body shower gel.

It was a wonderful Father's Day...  Of course, the one thing I forgot to do was give Mike his Father's Day card on FATHER'S DAY!  Oops...  So, I gave him his Father's Day card early Monday morning.  He really loved the card and thought it was suitably masculine :) which makes me happy.  I love the card as well.

Here is his Father's Day Card:


Card Recipe:

Stamp Sets:  All Holidays (114916) and Sentimental Journey (Wood Mount 118513 / Clear Mount 120075 - 2010 Summer Mini)
Ink Pad:  Night of Navy Classic (102977)
Cardstock:  Night Of Navy (100867); Not Quite Navy (101722), Very Vanilla (101650)
Big Shot:  Stampin' Up! Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976 -2010 Summer Mini)
Accessories:  Corduroy Brads (Retiring 6/30/2010)


 

1 comments:

lisa808 on June 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM said...

Great Father's Day card.