Living Life! Handmade with love...





Whimsical Words:  A Heartfelt Thought!

On Thursday, Feb. 25, I found out that one of my best friends back in Minnesota was in the hospital.  Rebecca Preisler was the Maid Of Honor in my wedding.  I met Rebecca at Evergreen Community Church shortly after she started attending.  She was also part of my small group, Sonic Voltage.  

She entered the hospital around Feb. 22nd when she went to the emergency room not feeling well.  During the process, the hospital admitted her to the hospital and started running various tests when they discovered she had tumors in her lungs and stomach.  Rebecca quickly started to get worse.  It was determined that she was dealing with an aggressive, quick developing Cancer.  

I had a very difficult time making this card and honestly don't consider it my "best" work but the KEY is that the card comes from the HEART!  While creating the card, I was at the beach on a scrapbook retreat.  Well, I really didn't get much done on the retreat but did manage to create this card and get it mailed on Saturday.  

On Wed., March 3, Rebecca passed away.  She will always be loved and cherished as a wonderful friend.  It was very difficult making this card and I didn't have a lot of time. She passed away on Wed., March 3rd after a brief 2 week struggle with cancer. This card honors Rebecca's 33 years of life!


Card Recipe:

Cardstock:  Elegant Eggplant and Certainly Celery
Stamp Set:  Whimsical Words from the Sale-A-Bration brochure
Accessories:  Butterfly Embosslit, Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch
Designer Series Paper:  Tea Party


Inky Hugs,

Pam Staples

0 comments: