The Valentine Box and Booklet MADE by my husband!






So Cool!  My Husband MADE me a Valentine!


I just had to share with all of you what my husband made at the "Manly Valentine" class that he attended at my upline, Jen Krieger's, class.  It was so wonderful that she offered this class. 

If you know my husband, he really does NOT like "crafty" projects and will proclaim to just about anyone that he doesn't have a crafty bone in his body.  Well, I personally think he did a great job!  If you think so, I encourage you to leave a comment on my blog telling him he did a great job.

The fact that he made the effort and went outside his comfort zone to create these two valentines, is absolutely endearing and makes my heart just flutter.  The projects use mostly Stampin' Up! products but I'm not certain where he got the cupcakes frome that are on the box.  I'm pretty certain the "ticket" on the front of the booklet was printed on cardstock, cut out then the ticket punch was used to make it look like a ticket.

So...  Here are the two valentine projects that he made:

 

BOX:  Real Red 12x12 Cardstock
COVER:  Sending Love Designer Series Paper




BOOKLET:  Real Red Cardstock
ACCENT:  Sending Love Designer Series Paper
RIBBON:  Real Red Satin Ribbon
BORDER:  Pinking Hearts Border
BINDING:  Embossed with Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1
INSIDE:  Glassine Rectangle Envelopes



Inside each Glassine envelope, my husband pasted various love poems from various authors then included scripture from the bible.  The booklet is his favorite and definitely from the heart based on the research he did to find some classical love poetry.  I do have to say that I did enjoy opening the cupcake box and finding some beautiful non-edible gifts.


11 comments:

Lori Stilger on February 15, 2010 at 4:14 PM said...

He did a FANTASTIC job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, how awesome! CONGRATULATIONS - he's definitely a keeper. :)

Peggy on February 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM said...

What a fabulous gift from the heart! He is a real peach of a husband!!

Peggy
http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Has he helped you before? Because these are definitely NOT beginner quality! Tell him he did a great job. He obviously loves you very much! I would probably cry if my husband did something like this.
~Bethany Keeney

Elaine on February 15, 2010 at 4:27 PM said...

you are a lucky girl Pam, he did a wonderful job

Pam on February 15, 2010 at 4:31 PM said...

Thanks everyone! The box had to be reinforced but he still did a great job with the box although he thought he had screwed it up.

He has only helped once before and that was on our wedding invitations. Otherwise, I've not been able to get him to help out.

Tory on February 15, 2010 at 4:46 PM said...

WOW!!!! He did GREAT!

Just Sponge It! on February 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

WOW! Your husband did a fantasic job at your gifts. Kudos to him!

Charity Lawson on February 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM said...

He did a great job! What a nice gift.

Stacie said...

Your husband made those?!?! That is awesome....they look great. Hard to admit, but it looks like he's craftier than me! :)

Tina Joergens on February 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM said...

WOW-very impressive! Love the booklet with the glassine envelopes! He should be teaching Man-ly Stamping Classes!

JustCrazy4Scrapen on February 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM said...

Very awesome. Good Job Hubby! Send some of those crafty vibes to my husband. What an awesome upline your wife has.

Lisa