Stamping on Coaster Tiles






Classic Coaster Tiles


A new day means a new project!

Today I stamped on tumbled tiles!  This is another fun project with so many options for designs.  I decided to go with a classic elegance by stamping with the En Francais stamp and Medallion Stamp.  This was also a first time project for me that I really enjoyed doing and found to be fairly easy.

To start, I knew there were various methods and tutorials available for stamping on tumbled tiles so I really wanted to research my options.  My research took me all over the internet with so many variations on how to stamp on tumbled tiles.  For this test round, I opted to stamp the En Francais stamp with Jet Black Stazon then for the Medallion Stamp I used Not Quite Navy Craft ink.  Based on my research, I opted to use the heat set method since I knew I was going to be stamping with craft ink.  To heat set the tiles, I put them in the oven at 250 degrees for 15 minutes.


Once the tiles were heat set in the oven, I opted not to do anything additional forgoing using any sealants.  In the future I may decided to use a sealant especially if I use the watercolor crayons or pastels to color my tiles.

Finally, I love how these tiles turned out for my first attempt and I look forward to playing with different stamp sets to create different looks.  Now that I've done my research, I feel more confident about sharing this technique with my clients and teaching them about stamping on tumbled tiles.

Supplies:

Stamp Sets:  En Francais (109521), Medallion (115223)

En Francais
Medallion

Inks:  Stazon Jet Black (101406), Not Quite Navy Craft Refill (102310), Uninked Craft Pad (122265)



3 comments:

Olivia on October 7, 2010 at 10:33 PM said...

Beautiful!!!

Nancy S said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I just purchased several 4 x 4 tiles to do the same thing for Christmas gifts, but wasn't sure of the formula. Can't wait to see how mine turn out now.

lisa808 on October 8, 2010 at 4:02 PM said...

They look great! I like making coaster sets for gifts.