Get Well Simplicity





Strikingly Elegant in a Simple Get Well!

Earlier this week I found out that one of my clients had been hospitalized.  With that news, I just knew I had to make her an elegant card.  This lovely lady is so wonderful and such a pleasure to be around.  We were actually planning to do a Christmas themed workshop in late September but she had to cancel because she had been sick so we decided we would try to reschedule.  Well, I was trying and trying to reach her but kept getting her voice mail.  Then I received an email from a mutual friend informing me she was in the hospital but hoping to go home in a day or two.  With that news, I set out to create a card I knew she would enjoy receiving.

This card is really simple yet looks so very elegant.  I've totally fallen head over heals in love with this card.  The base of the card is Crumb Cake then I took a piece of Real Red cardstock which I embossed using my Big Shot and Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.  For the sentiment, I used the Wellness Wishes stamp set which I colored with the Stampin' Markers for the two tone effect.  The ribbon I used is the 1 1/4 striped Real Red Grosgrain ribbon.  By the way, I LOVE the 1 1/4 striped grosgrain ribbons.  The decorative boarder around the sentiment was created by using the new Decorative Label punch - Don't you just love the effect (I think I'll be doing it more often)!  I then used the small jewelry tag punch stamped with a small image from the Tiny Tags stamp set which I tied around the ribbon using the Hemp Twine. The final touch to this card was adding three small pearls to the embossing creating a line that leads the eye up towards the sentiment.

Over the past few days I've included several tips on composition. Can you figure out what tips I've used as a guideline for creating this card?  I used a couple of those Rules of Composition.  I would like to mention that on occasion, rules are meant to be broken and no rule is ever set in stone.  The Rules of Composition are available to help guide you and get you started with your projects.


SunnyGirlScraps Tip:
  • The 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon looks great on cards and I love highlighting the ribbon by tying a piece of hemp twine or linen thread in a bow gathering the ribbon together.
  • To add dimension with the jewelry tag, punch 3 small tags with coordinating colors and layer them together.
  • Rule of Composition - Framing!  From the view of a photographer, the world is full of objects which make perfect natural frames, such as trees, archways and holes. By placing these around the edge of the composition you help to isolate the main subject from the outside world. The result is a more focused image which draws your eye naturally to the main point of interest.  As an example in my card, I've used the Decorative Label punch to create an interesting frame around the sentiment.

Like this project?  Please share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment below.

To purchase supplies for this project, click HERE or email me at sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com


Sunny Stampin' & Scrappin'!

Pam Staples



Card Recipe:


Ink:  Real Red (103133)

Stampin' Marker:  Real Red (100052), Early Espresso (119680)

Cardstock:  Real Red (102482), Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Early Espresso (119686)

Accessories:  1 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon (119768), Jewels - Basic Pearls (119247), Hemp Twine (100982), Decorative Label Punch (120907), Jewelry Tag Punch (117190), Big Shot (113439), Embossing Folder - Elegant Bouquet (115964)

Stamp Sets:  Wellness Wishes (w: 115356), Tiny Tags (w: 118091, c: 118592)

Wellness Wishes


Tiny 

2 comments:

craftystamper on October 22, 2010 at 9:01 AM said...

A beautiful get well card. Thanks for all the tips you included with your card. Greatly appreciated

2KutiesGrandma on October 22, 2010 at 12:15 PM said...

Thanks for sharing - the tips on "framing" are so helpful.