A Wicked Spooky Halloween



Spooky Elegance

I must admit that this was a difficult card to make especially since we don't celebrate Halloween in our family.  We prefer to focus on All Saints Day.   Even though we do not celebrate Halloween, there are many that do including my nieces.  I do make it a personal policy to not do anything overly scary. 

At convention this year, I won a prize patrol and you would never guess what I won!  Yep, I won a Halloween Stamp Set and designer series paper.  Just my luck - but it was free and I will use it the best that I can!

This is the card that I made for my oldest niece.  She is enjoys feminine touches.  So I included some lace and jewels.  The black flourish jewels are so fun and add an elegant touch.  Sponging is another technique I also enjoy.


SunnyGirlScraps Tips:

  • When using the Designer Jewels Black Flourish, follow the directions!  It is key to place the transfer sheet on top of the jewels and rub hard then peel back the original backing sheet.  Peel the backing sheet off slowly.
  • Once you have used the sponge daubers with a specific color, place a label on the dauber with the ink color so you always know what color is on the dauber.
  • Rules of Composition - Texture!  Texture is a wonderful way to add interest and dimension to your photographs and projects.  When people see texture in an image they can start imagining what it feels like to touch what is in the photo.  Texture is a good idea when your taking pictures of rocks, walls, surfaces, someone’s hands, or leaves. To reveal texture in a photograph, make sure the light is coming almost exactly from the side of the surface so it creates shadows in key places.

Like this project?  I love to hear from my blog visitors.  Please share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment below.

To purchase supplies for this project, click HERE or email me at sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com


Sunny Stampin' & Scrappin'!

Pam Staples


Card Recipe:

Ink:  Pumpkin Pie (105216), Basic Gray (109120), Daffodil Delight (119667), Basic Black (101179)

Cardstock:  Peach Pizzazz(119794), Basic Black (121045), Basic Gray (121044)

Designer Series Paper:  Wicked Fun Specialty (117400)

Accessories:  Designer Jewels Black Flourish (120987), Trim Lace Raven (120988), Pumpkin Pie Satin Ribbon (119749), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531), 2 3/8" Scallop Circle XL (118874), Big Shot (113439), Embossing Folder - Square Lattice (119976)

Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w:118738; c: 120600)

Wicked Cool

2 comments:

craftystamper on October 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

This is a wonderful Halloween card and I'm sure your niece will love it.

lisa808 on October 23, 2010 at 2:32 PM said...

For a non-Halloween person, you sure made a great card! Congrats on the win. And, some of the paper in that pack can be used for non-Halloween crafting.