A Christmas Blessing. Rejoice!



Rejoicing in Christmas!

For unto us a Child is born,
unto us a Son is given...
                     ~  Isaiah 9:6

I love the simplicity of this beautiful stamp set found in the current Stampin' Up! Holiday mini catalog.  As I hold my son, I can only imagine the love Mary and Joseph had for their son, Jesus.  Over the Christmas season, we should strive to remember that the true meaning of Christmas is the Birth of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  All the gifts are wonderful and definitely enjoyed.  But it is just as wonderful to be the giver of gifts.  Homemade gifts are a wonderful way to share your love.

Here is the first card I've made using this stamp set which was for the card swap at the upline meeting I attended this past Sunday.  I used the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder for the base of the card then I used a dauber to sponge Shimmer Paint over the raised image.  The snowflakes remind me of stars.  I then used the 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon tied with Hemp Twine and three little jewelry tags with one stamped with the "merry" stamp from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  Finally, I stamped the image of Joseph, Mary and Baby Jesus with the Whisper White Craft Stamp and embossed using clear embossing powder.

SunnyGirlScraps Tips:

  • When embossing, remember to use the embossing buddy to help with easy removal of excess embossing powder.
  • A great way to apply shimmer paint to your projects is to shake your bottle then, using your dauber, daub inside the shimmer paint cover to pick up small amounts of the shimmer paint.  Apply to your project.
  • Rules of Composition - Fill your Frame!  When photographing subjects, try to fill the frame with the main subject.  You'll have greater impact and fewer distractions in the photo.


Like this project?  Please share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment below.

To purchase supplies for this project, click HERE or email me at sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com


Sunny Stampin' & Scrappin'!

Pam Staples

0 comments: