Gone Batty!



Batty for Bats!

Yes, I've gone batty!  Batty for background bats that is...  On today's featured card project I used the bat stamp in the Wicked Cool stamp set to create a background.  This card needed less frills and more thrills.  As I stamped this card, I quickly started seeing a "spooky" theme developing but in a fun way.

This card is for my niece, Kamryn.  She is all tomboy and I knew I needed a "batty" background.



SunnyGirlScraps Tips:

  • When using a stamp to create a background, twist the stamp at different angles for a more random and natural looking background.
  • Stampin' dimensionals are a wonderful product offered by Stampin' Up! that helps lift items up so they don't look so flat on a card.  Adding dimension to a project helps create a sense of depth and interest.
  • Rules of Composition - Sense of Depth!  Are your cards 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional?  When you are laying out a card, do you think of ways to add depth?  To help with your card and scrapbook creations, consider creating a sense of depth.  I've often seen scrapbook pages as well as cards that have a lack of "something."  That "something" can be a lack of applying any rule of composition but often I see a lack of depth.  We have to choose our composition carefully to convey a sense of depth that was present in our creations. With photography you can create depth in a photo by including objects in the foreground, middle ground and background and this same principal can be applied to scrapbook pages and handmade cards.  Another useful composition technique is overlapping, where you deliberately partially obscure one object with another. The human eye naturally recognizes these layers and mentally separates them out, creating an image with more depth.
Like this project?  I love to hear from my blog visitors.  Please share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment below.

To purchase supplies for this project, click HERE or email me at sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com


Sunny Stampin' & Scrappin'!

Pam Staples


Card Recipe:

Ink:  Pumpkin Pie (105216), Basic Gray (109120), Daffodil Delight (119667), Basic Black (101179)

Cardstock:   Basic Black (121045), Basic Gray (121044) Rich Razzleberry (115316)

Designer Series Paper:  Wicked Fun Specialty (117400)

Accessories:  Basic Black Satin Ribbon (117285)), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531), 2 3/8" Scallop Circle XL (118874), Oval Punch (119855), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Scallop Edge Border (119882), Glimmer Brads - Basics (121003)
 
Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w:118738; c: 120600)


Wicked Cool

3 comments:

lisa808 on October 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

Another great Halloween card--I liked the bats stamps on the webs.

StampinSher on October 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

Spooooky Halloween cards! Great job!

craftystamper on October 26, 2010 at 8:54 AM said...

I love the bats on the web stamp. Actually, I love the whole card. Sstunning card!