Just Believe Candle Reflections




Stamping on Candles

Just Believe in Watercolor!


I've had this Partylite candle sitting in my bathroom and after my first foray into stamping on a candle I started looking for more candles to stamp on!  This candle which is a similar shade to Certainly Celery was just begging to be stamped on.  It is a fairly tall pillar candle and it needed a stamped pattern that was of a taller nature.

I love the "Just Believe" stamp set that 2010 Convention attendees received for our Make-n-Takes.  For the effect on this candle, I colored the image with the Stampin' Write Markers lightly spritzing the stamp with a water mister after I was done coloring the stamp.  I then stamped the image onto a sheet of tissue paper.

The resulting affect on the candle is beautiful with this candle now sitting front and center on my bathroom vanity.


SunnyGirl Tips:

  • I wrap parchment paper around the candle then heat with my heat gun.  The one time I used wax paper I didn't like the way it melted with the candle and I had issues with air bubbles.
  • When misting a stamp that has been colored with the Stampin' Write Markers, use a very fine mister. 
  • Attache stamped image to the candle using a small amount of adhesive such as snail adhesive. 

    Like this card?  Please share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment below.

    To purchase supplies for this project, click HERE or email me at sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com

    Sunny Stampin' & Scrappin'!

    Pam Staples






     Project Recipe:

     Stampin' Write Markers:  Wild Wasabi (120975), Always Artichoke (105113), Tangerine Tango (120974), Peach Pizzaz (119801)

    Stamp Set:  Just Believe  (w: 116948; c: 120453)

    1 comments:

    Carol Matthews on October 17, 2010 at 11:45 PM said...

    This is truly lovely! Thanks for the tip on the parchment paper!